There are thousand of affiliate program available in the web and they are increasing day by day.
There are money to be made in affiliate programs. Here are common guidelines in choosing affiliate program
1) Choose one that fits in to the theme of your website; ie related to what your site is promoting.
2) Take some time to read how you are going to be paid by the program companies. Are you going to be paid by number of users’ click, page impression or only when someone buys something and the person is referred by your site.
3) Read through the terms and condition carefully. Don’t sign up if you are not doing not agree with it!
4) Check out how the program going to pay you? By check or through Paypal account?
5) See what are the supports available is and how good they are. A good support is vital for your success in the program.
6) Google the program and check out whether there is any complain or scam involved by reading post of the people comments on the program.
7) Check out how long the program has been available. A good program should last for quite some time. A new one might just close shop very soon. Check out who or what company is behind the program. Use a reputable company.
8) Check out the minimum amount that you must earn before you get paid.
Happy profiting from affiliate programs!